Chiesa di Santa Maria Mater Domini

Enclosed between two narrow lanes and rebuilt between 1502 and 1540 on the site of the previous Byzantine building. The facade, begun in 1502, is in Istrian stone and seems to have been completed by J. Sansovino in 1540, the same year it was consecrated. The interior is based on the form of a Greek cross; four corner chapels contain works by various painters, above all Vincenzo Catena’s masterpiece “Il Martirio di Santa Cristina”, dated 1520. Although it has recently been restored, the church is not easy to visit.

Error thrown

Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string()