Chiesa di San Pietro Martire

Founded in 1348 in honour of St. John the Evangelist, it was destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1511 and dedicated to St. Peter the Martyr. It was closed in1808 and stripped of its pictorial furnishings, reopened five years later and redecorated with paintings which came from other churches in Murano which had either been closed or destroyed. It was restored in 1928. Inside are preserved two important canvasses by Giovanni Bellini, “Assunzione della Vergine e santi” and “Il doge Barbarigo presentato alla Vergine e al Putto” (1488) and also numerous lesser works.

no images were found

Some available hotels near this place